Button, Button, Who Wants a Button?

This is just a quick little post to show off what I managed to do during naptime today. It’s not all that impressive, really, but it’ll do unless and until someone comes up with something better.

If you want to knit a blanket along with me, I would be thrilled. I would be even more thrilled if you would join a knitalong, and you could post a button to your blog if you want. Just save it to your own server before you link to it, please. We all know my server has all the traffic it can handle at the moment! Let me know if you want to join and I’ll put your name and blog link up in my sidebar. This is my first time participating in, let alone hosting a knitalong, so let me know if I’m missing anything.

Also, during lunch I managed to get started on the next part of the tutorial. If everything goes well tonight, we’ll be cranking right along.

6 Responses to “Button, Button, Who Wants a Button?”

1. Cass says:

I’m in!

2. Marianne says:

“snarky comments on why I’m not worthy for you to send me your yarn not so much.” Please tell me you were kidding! People have actually sent these? I finally got back over here(giving it time) and am enjoying your blog, you’re a perfectly beautiful mom (dirty t-shirt, baby-pinched bruises and all, I can relate…30 years ago). Good luck to you and again, fun fun fun !

3. Lanea says:

I can’t resist any longer, and I’ve started a blankie too. I plan to be knitting it for the rest of my life, because I refuse to buy yarn for it and I can only make socks so fast. That actually pleases me, in some way connected with frugality. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

4. Christine says:

OH YEAH! Please add me to the list!! I’ve got my first square done and am HOOKED baby!
    Christine aka the Knitting Virgin at

5. Lynne says:

znjvhStarted my mitered square blankie on November 30 using leftover sock yarns and # 1 needles (what was I thinking). Two squares added on row 4 and will work on it today while watching football on the tube. Pix of row 2 progress on my blog.

6. Sharon Carpenter says:

I have been collecting koigu yarn, just loving the colors and enjoying the hunt at different yarn shops. Now I know what I am going to do with it and some sock yarn left overs I have been saving. I am so excited.