Look! Another Little Etsy Shop!

Oh, my but it’s been a busy day here. All good stuff today – I have no complaints although there were some funny foibles, including the dropping of a laundry basket of freshly folded diapers down a flight of stairs; a brief shortage of clean underwear; and wicked-witch green hands right before the first session of a knitting class. But it all worked out in the end, and there was oh so much more and it worked out especially well considering how much we got done today.

But it’s getting late, and I need to get to bed. I just wanted to pop by and share my excitement at my tiny little etsy shop that I just finished updating. I was incredibly surprised that just before I finished the last listing, I got an e-mail telling me that two skeins had just been purchased! So my little business has made its first sale. There’s only one more skein of the self-striping up there now.

Oh! and go check out Jaci’s blog! She’s already knit up one sock out of the electric stripes she bought last week. The woman knits fast!

I just finished dyeing up the last three skeins of blank yarn in the house this morning – they’re self-striping and are earmarked for leggings for the girls for fall. I’ll post pictures soon! Now I have to decide whether to order more blank yarn and how much.

Right after I get a little sleep…

11 Responses to “Look! Another Little Etsy Shop!”

1. ruth says:

Very pretty yarn! good luck with your shop.
    What’s your source for yarn? I’ve been buying my undyed yarn from KP, but they’re backordered until the end of July, and I wanna dye!

2. Wendy says:

That’s a cute sock Jaci knit up! Did you notice she’s knitting its mate in the masthead picture?

3. Erin says:

Hello!

My name is Erin. I work at Yellow Dog Knitting in Eau Claire, WI once a week. I do mostly computer work, buy yarn, once in a while offer hints and rarely get to the point.

Today, Jaci was in and we all got talking about your Blankie. Well, Dixie took one of the Blankie uninitiated to our computer and said “It’s all on Shelly’s blog, which should be linked on ours….. Erin?”

“Hrm?”

“Is Shelly’s blog on here?”

… Oh, crud.

And so, I write to you an apology for me being historically spazzy and to let you know as well that you’re included on our link list.

Erin

P.S. Oooh Baudelaire! Thank goodness. I was running out of socks to make and had forgotten about that pattern. Thanks for the memory jog

4. SwissKnits! says:

Well, I placed my order! I will be knitting my SK’s Juicy Melon socks this summer… I cannot wait!!!!

Shelly, will you be taking special orders for colors? patterns (striping, ect) ? Or will you just create and sell as it happens?

BTW I liked the names of the yarns… the Juicy Melon just sold me… Not to mention the fact that DD9 and I had plans of Kool-Aid dying this summer and my goal was to make watermelon striping socks (with little black seeds) but I think I will not be so ambitious… DD and I will just dye some blanks and see what we come up with… no pressure.

I will have my Juicy Melon socks soon enough…

5. Confessions of a Knitting Diva says:

Congratulations on your Etsy shop!! I love the yarn, it was so much fun to knit up. The colors are fantastic. Keep up the good work!:)

6. SwissKnits! says:

Shelly! You have sold out!!!!
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

How will you sleep tonight? ;)

7. Anonymous says:

Went to your etsy shop via your link and nothing shows up on it. What did I DO WRONG? Terra

8. crafty_kat says:

good luck with your Etsy shop ^_^

9. katrynka says:

Hi, congrats on your now empty etsy shop! I have NO clue if their undyed yarn at all compares with Knitpicks, but here is a place that sells some very cool undyed stuff!

10. GrillTech says:

You can thank KnitTech for getting me hooked on your Blog. Congratulations on the shop. Let Joe know his beer looks good. Oh and since she didn’t I’ll have to tag you.

11. Jen says:

I’m so behind the times… and now you have your own shop!! EEK! I’m so happy for you, you businesswoman you. YAY! :)